The Web Orchard are looking to hire a PHP Developer for their office in Shrewsbury. The role will involve supporting our growing client base and developing in Drupal & WordPress.
As a web developer, you will be responsible for all aspects of front-end & backend web development within a team and will have much to contribute in shaping the way our digital offering goes forward.
You will be expected to attend meetings with stakeholders, write technical specifications, develop and action best practice processes e.g. QAT, liaise with other IT specialists and sales teams to provide the best digital solutions for clients and the business.
Working closely with clients, talented in-house designers and multimedia specialists we have a collaborative approach to projects and you will be part of a highly motivated and focused team working together to see projects through to delivery, on time and within budget.
Key Responsibilities and Accountabilities
- Develop new sites using WordPress, Drupal and other common systems
- Maintain existing sites
- Liaise and interface with clients & stakeholders
- Document technical and functional specifications
- Provide technical consultancy services to stakeholders
- Ensure that we meet commercial ‘go-live’ deadlines
- Mentor to junior developers
- Other ad-hoc duties as required
Preferred Job Skills and Attributes
- Experience of OOP with PHP and MySQL on Unix-like platforms.
- Experience in building themes, plugins etc. for WordPress and Drupal
- Confident building user interfaces from PSD files and wireframes for functional specification.
- You will be expected to generate technical solutions to creative challenges on a daily basis.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills. You will be expected to liaise and interface with internal clients directly, write technical specifications, advise senior management on technical issues, and liaise with senior Systems Administrators on a regular basis.
Salary – £17k – £19k subject to experience
To apply please send a CV to firstname.lastname@example.org